Hugo, still only in the Fifth form, already has some remarkable achievements to his name:
- English schools’ medallist in the 800m as an U15
- holder of the school's U17 800m record (1.57.44)
- holder (jointly) of the school’s record for the 4x400m (3.33.8, set at this year’s Achilles schools’ relays) and the U15 record
- winner of the best performance award (Cholmeley Shield meeting) for an 800m run, breaking the championship record (1.59.7)
- selected by British Pentathlon for their World Class Talent Programme and currently holding all of the National titles in his age group — Biathlon, Triathlon, Tetrathlon, Pentathlon
- winner of the silver medal in the Biathlon at the 2010 Pentathlon World Cup, with the best run (1000m in 2.42)
- at 14, helped the British U17 relay team win a silver medal at the European Triathlon Championships
- raced with the National U17 squad against opposition from Poland, Hungary and Czechoslovakia, winning a bronze medal in the team event and a silver medal in the relay
- Middlesex 800m U17 champion, 2010 (2.01.6 — time to be confirmed)
It is in running that Hugo truly excels, aided by weekly athletics meetings in the summer term which see him compete for the school in the 800m, 1500m and 4x400m relay.
Hugo is also a British Championship medallist at épée (fencing is part of the full Pentathlon).
His Olympic hopes are very much alive.