The library has loads of interesting books for every subject
Located at the heart of the school its extensive collection of over 33,000 books, including items from the fifteenth century onwards, supports the teaching of all our departments as well as the special interests of staff and students.
Over 85% of our resources are available for loan.
In addition the library provides:
- comprehensive reference collection
- space for private study
- Wi-Fi availability providing access to the school intranet, internet and many online resources including JSTOR, Questia, OED, ODNB, Grove Music and Oxford Very Short Introductions collection.
- Seven daily newspapers and fifty six journals and periodicals.
- DVD collection reflecting classic literature and world cinema
- Access to the British Library for out of print materials and photocopies for research
- Subject and genre Reading Lists with printouts of resources currently in stock
We are very fortunate in the generous donations made to the library. Space in a library is always finite, of course, and for this and other reasons we are unable to accept all gifts. If you are considering contributing books, please email the Librarian first for more information.