St Paul’s School is pleased to be able to deliver the Safer Recruitment Consortium’s accredited and Safer Recruitment Training either at St Paul’s or on your site.
Keeping Children Safe in Education (DfE 2019) makes clear that at least one member of every appointment panel must undertake ‘proper’ safe recruitment training. Following the removal of DfE approved safer recruitment training in 2013, professionals from a range of backgrounds were brought together to update the training and ensure its continuing relevance and availability. From this group, a Safer Recruitment Consortium was formed – NSPCC, Lucy Faithfull Foundation, NASS and CAPE.
The one-day Safer Recruitment course is suitable for all members of staff involved at any stage in the Safer Recruitment of staff, volunteers, contractors and freelance workers. The course covers:
- Safer recruitment and the wider context of safeguarding
- Prevalence of abuse and profile of abusers
- How abusers operate within organisations
- Features of a safer recruitment process
- Planning a safer recruitment process
- Making the right decisions: interview and selection
- Setting acceptable standards of behaviour and maintaining an ongoing culture of vigilance
Venue : St Paul’s School, Lonsdale Road, Barnes, London SW13 9JT
Cost: £195 + VAT (includes lunch, refreshments, delegate workbooks and certificate on completion)
St Paul’s School also offers the one day course on your site.
Time: 1 day [timings can be tailored to fit around a standard school day and inset (with some week-end availability), both during and outside of term time]
Max Participants: 14/instructor
Cost: £1250 + VAT & travel expenses
To find out more or book, please contact Holly Sherington – HCS@stpaulsschool.org.uk